The Ohio Union Activities Board announced Monday night via Twitter that it would be bringing yet another event to campus this month and it announced the news fast, just as journalistic style sometimes requires.

The organization revealed Emmy Award-winning journalist Anderson Cooper is slated to come to campus May 30.

Cooper, a graduate from Yale University, is generally acclaimed for hosting CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” and his self-titled daytime talk show “Anderson.”

OUAB tweeted from its Twitter handle @OUAB shortly after 7 p.m. Monday, “Guess what followers….we’ve been keeping a big secret to ourselves! We still have another big event to reveal to you all!” Two minutes later, it announced Cooper is scheduled to come to campus.

In the past when announcing performers, such as Skrillex and Mac Miller, who performed at the Big Free Concert last weekend, the organization prolonged its announcement for hours by tweeting several hints about an act after it received a number of retweets from its followers.

“OUAB has had their eye on Anderson Cooper for quite a while now,” Michael Niday, OUAB lectures chair, said in an email. “What he has done in the world of journalism has been phenomenal, and he has won several awards for his work.”

A CNN spokeswoman did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Tickets for the event titled “An Evening with Anderson Cooper,” which will be held in Mershon Auditorium, are scheduled to be released at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Ohio Union Information Center. Students are allowed one ticket per valid BuckID.