Vino Vino is a small Italian restaurant tucked away in the heart of Grandview, Ohio. It offers an assortment of appetizers, small plates, main courses and desserts to choose from.

The décor gave off a Tuscan vibe due to a huge wine rack covering a portion of the wall opposite the tables. There was a large bar on a same wall, and the place had an intimate atmosphere.

Our server, Jill, was amazingly sweet and patient, and gave us suggestions for what to order.

Vino Vino, located at 1371 Grandview Ave., also offers an assortment of wine flights and specialty drinks. They have three wine flights, which are groups of multiple wines, to choose from, but I went with their signature $8 Vino Vino martini. The Vino Vino martini is made with Absolut Vodka, pomegranate and lime juice. The taste was fruity, tart and refreshing on a warm spring day.

For an appetizer, I was immediately drawn to the $8 baked goat cheese with grilled toast, balsamic greens and marinara. The goat cheese was smooth and creamy with a hint of bitterness.

The marinara added just the right amount of acidic zest. The dressed greens were OK, but the best part of the dish was its crunch on the outside and creamy inside. It was a struggle to stop myself from eating the whole portion so I could save room for my dinner.

For my main course, I got the $16 linguini diablo with salmon, shrimp and scallops in a creamy diablo sauce. The dish came out piping hot, and the noodles were soft and fresh. The sauce was just the right amount of spice for me, which can be difficult to come by. The salmon was not too fishy, but rather tender and flaky. The scallops melted in my mouth and the shrimp was cooked to perfection. With a good portion of the dish being seafood, I almost thought I needed more pasta, but it turned out to be just the right amount.

Thanks to Jill’s glowing recommendation, we ordered the $6 glazed pear and pecan cheesecake with fluffy vanilla-scented mascarpone filling topped with glazed pears, warm honey/ginger and pecans for dessert. The cheesecake was phenomenal. All of the flavors complimented each other, and the sauce was incredible. The real attraction for me was the array of textures it had from the crunch of the nuts, the creaminess of the cheesecake and the graininess of the pears. It was literally the best cheesecake I have had in my entire life. Mind-blowing.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves above-par food and great atmosphere. I will definitely be returning to see what other menu items can blow my mind.

Grade: A+