Alberta Cross has downsized and emerged out of the backwoods  to introduce its sophomore album live to audiences across the United States.

The band, composed of vocalist and guitarist Petter Ericson Stakee and bassist Terry Wolfers, is scheduled to perform Friday at The Basement. The show will be the band’s fourth stop on its nationwide summer tour promoting its album “Songs of Patience,” which is scheduled for release July 17.

Formerly a five-man band, Alberta Cross recorded its new album as a duo in the middle of winter in an abandoned house in the Woodstock, N.Y., countryside. Stakee said the changes to the band’s members and its sound better reflects his original vision for the band.

“When we started the band in London, we felt strong about being two,” Stakee said. “We rushed into (expanding) without thinking and then kind of regretted it.”

It won’t be the band’s first time performing at The Basement and Stakee said he’s looking forward to playing the venue again.

Marissa Luther, marketing manager at PromoWest Productions, said with the band’s “rock with soul and blues” style, she expects the band to draw in the mid-20s crowd.

Stakee credited his brother and father, who are also musicians, for Alberta Cross’s use of combining many genres.

“My dad’s roots are more bluesy and folky rock ‘n’ roll, and my brother was more into the darker stuff,” Stakee said. “So they brainwashed me into mixing in between their music.”

Brent Mullin, a musician who plays with local band Cellar Hounds, said he might attend Friday’s show. He said in an email that Alberta Cross’s songs are well constructed with subtle layers and he especially enjoys the track “Lay Down” off the upcoming album. 

“I enjoy the way the melody (of “Lay Down”) sways in the chorus with the guitar,” Mullin said. “The way the song builds up to the ending and releases into the final jam/ending is really cool.”

Tickets are $12 in advance and $16 the day of the show. Doors open at 7 p.m.