Ohio State redshirt senior tight end Jake Stoneburner and redshirt junior offensive lineman Jack Mewhort were arrested early Saturday morning for allegedly obstructing official business.

Shawnee Hills Police arrested Stoneburner at  about 9 a.m. by the Bogey Inn near his hometown, Dublin, Ohio.

Mewhort was also arrested, according to a report by 10TV.

Police said they spotted three individuals urinating in between buildings and when they attempted to confront them, Stoneburner, Mewhort and a third individual, Austin Barnard, ran away.

Barnard is unaffiliated with the OSU football program. 

Police told 10TV they found two of the suspects between vehicles in a parking space currently being used for this weekend’s Memorial Tournament. The other, the report said, was found hiding in the woods nearby after police said they threatened to use a police dog.

Adam Widman, informational director for the Department of Athletics, said the issue is being investigated.

“We are aware of the situation with Jake Stoneburner and are looking into it.” Widman said in an email to The Lantern.

Widman and the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to The Lantern‘s request for comment regarding Mewhort’s arrest

Obstructing official business is defined by Ohio Revised Code 2921.31 as “No person, without privilege to do so and with purpose to prevent, obstruct, or delay the performance by a public official of any authorized act within the public official’s official capacity, shall do any act that hampers or impedes a public official in the performance of the public official’s lawful duties.”

Stoneburner is expected to be the starting tight end for the 2012 Buckeyes, and is listed in the No. 1 spot on coach Urban Meyer’s preliminary depth chart.

In 2011, Stoneburner caught 14 passes for 193 yards and had seven touchdown catches. Stoneburner was highly recruited out of Dublin Coffman High School, and has caught 37 passes as a Buckeye.

Similarly, Mewhort is also expected to start on the offensive line for the Buckeyes.

Stoneburner did not respond for requests to comment Saturday.

Stay tuned to thelantern.com for more details on the arrests as they become known. 

Kristen Mitchell contributed to this article.