The Rick Nash era is over for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Nash, who scored 289 goals and 547 total points in 674 career games, is now a member of the New York Rangers after a trade from the Blue Jackets. In exchange for its captain, Columbus acquired forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, as well as defenseman Tim Erixon and the Rangers’ 2013 first-round draft pick.

Nash was rumored to be on his way out of Columbus via trade for much of this past season and, having finally completed the move, Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson thanked the player for his contributions at a Monday press conference.

“He’s been a great player for us. We will be forever grateful, but we’re moving on now,” Howson said. “Today’s trade brings us the right balance we were seeking in any trade for Rick. A balance of helping the team now and helping the team in the future.”

Howson went on to praise the past accomplishments of the newest members of the club – Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon. Dubinsky has 81 goals and 213 career points in 393 games while Anisimov lays claim to 46 goals and 108 total points in 244 contests.

Erixon, 21, is a 2009 first-round draft pick of the Calgary Flames and made 18 appearances for the Rangers this past season.

Upon departing, however, Nash’s name is peppered throughout the Columbus record book. He is the franchise’s all-time leader in games played (674), goals (289), assists (258), game-winning goals (44), shorthanded goals (14), hat-tricks (5) and power play goals (83).

The Rangers did not immediately respond to The Lantern’s request for comment on the trade. Rick Nash could not be reached for comment.