Louis C.K. posted on his website that he’d be “all over the g- d— place” for his tour promoting his most recent and 2012 Grammy Award winning comedy album “Hilarious.” Apparently he didn’t write off Ohio State as part of the tour.

The stand-up comedian and star of FX’s “Louie,” is scheduled to perform Dec. 1 in Mershon Auditorium as part of an Ohio Union Activites Board-sponsored event.

OUAB announced the event Tuesday via Twitter.

C.K., whose real name is Louis Szekely, got his start in the entertainment industry in the 1980s doing stand-up. Prior to spearheading the creation of his TV show “Louie,” which aired its first episode in 2010, C.K. wrote for several late night talk shows such as “Saturday Night Live,” “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “The Late Show with David Letterman” and “The Chris Rock Show.”

The Emmy Award nominee also wrote and directed “Pootie Tang,” an adaptation from “The Chris Rock Show,” in 2001. He has also guest starred in NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” In 2011, C.K. released his fourth full-length comedy special “Live at the Beacon Theater.”

Megan Lyon, comedy chair for OUAB, said C.K.’s extensive resume was somewhat of an incentive for the group to bring C.K. to Ohio State.

“Louis C.K. has been around for quite some time now and ever since he decided to drop his old stand-up and create new comedy every year, he has gotten better and better,” Lyon said in an email. “Louis C.K. is appropriate for a college audience because he is an extremely talented comedian who focuses a lot on digital comedy.”

Some OSU students, such as Ethan Scheck, a second-year in strategic communication, are looking forward to C.K.’s visit.

“I am very excited,” Scheck said. “I’ve been tracking OUAB’s tweets and Facebook posts just to make sure they weren’t messing with me and that he really is coming.”

Scheck, also a member of OSU comedy group Fishbowl Improv, said he has watched some of C.K.’s stand-up and is a big fan of his show.

“If I could talk to him, I would thank him for being really, really funny, and for being an inspiration for people that are, actually, I don’t know if I would say this to him but, for people who are unattractive that also want to be famous or notable,” Scheck said, laughing. “I would thank him for being one of the most hilarious people ever.”

Another member of Fishbowl Improv, Anahita Ameri, said C.K. is the “best person” scheduled to come to OSU since she’s been here.

The third-year in mechanical engineering said she thinks “Louie” is one of the best comedy shows on television.

“It’s not all about ‘make me laugh,’ it’s something that anyone can relate to one way or another,” Ameri said. “He’s one of those people I wish I could just hang around with. I just want to see what he does, and where he gets his inspiration.”

Anthony Petrilla, a third-year in industrial and systems engineering, said he personally is not into stand-up comedy, but many of his friends enjoy attending the free comedy shows from OUAB such as Jim Gaffigan, who performed at the Mershon Auditorium in May.

“I did go to Skrillex, Lupe Fiasco and Childish Gambino, because I’m a big fan of concerts,” Petrilla said, “But I’m not really into stand-up comedy.”

C.K’s tour is scheduled to kick off Oct. 3 and run through February.

“His popularity and success has grown so much over the last year and with the addition of winning a Grammy for his comedy album ‘Hilarious,’ we would be crazy not to bring him to campus,” Lyon said.

She also said despite C.K.’s performance being scheduled for later in the semester, the organization hasn’t finished announcing its Fall Semester lineup of events yet.

C.K’s management did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his visit to OSU.

Tickets for the OUAB event, which is free to student with a valid BuckID, are scheduled for release Nov. 1.