Indie rock band Two Door Cinema Club hails from Ireland, but its sophomore album “Beacon” is sure to be a hit in the American indie scene.

The album backs romantic lyrics and upbeat tunes with electronic fuzz that adds aural complexity. The backing beat doesn’t overpower, but instead brings the listener along on a series of well-crafted tunes.

The lead single “Sleep Alone” tells the dreams of a boy who confidently strides forth into his slumbering wonderland, while the singer desires that confidence for himself. It’s a complex, bouncy track that performs well on the album.

“The World Is Watching” brings the breathy vocal talents of guest singer Valentina and blending synths to tell the story of two lovers, in sync and in love. Her voice blends well with lead singer Alex Trimble’s enthusiastic tones.

“Sun” is a particularly upbeat track, blending piano, electronics and subtle horns to create a hopeful, bouncing melody that accompanies the song of a man separated from his beloved by the Atlantic Ocean. Its happy tones are echoed in “Pyramid” and the album’s title track “Beacon.”

The only downside is that the synths occasionally blend the pianos, guitars and drums together into a wall of sound shared across multiple tracks. The singing and melodic differences help distinguish the tracks, but this problem persists throughout the album.

Grade: B