Move over “South Park,” Comedy Central’s new show “Brickleberry” is the latest adult-themed animated series to hit television, and it has some serious star power behind it.

Premiering 10:30 p.m. Tuesday after the fall premiere of “Tosh.0,” “Brickleberry” chronicles the lives of a group of dysfunctional, foul-mouthed park rangers.

Tom Kenny, who voices head ranger Woody, has an extensive resume of other voice work with shows such as “Futurama,” “Spongebob Squarepants,” “The Fairly OddParents,” “CatDog” and “The Batman.”

Kenny said “Brickleberry” is a welcome change of pace from his usual kid-friendly work.

“I’ve done other stuff for Adult Swim, so it’s not my first trip into stuff that’s of a little scatological nature, but it’s fun to do something intended for preschoolers then go and do something like ‘Brickleberry,'” Kenny told The Lantern in a phone press conference for college media.

Another one of the show’s stars, Jerry Minor, has appeared on shows such as “Eastbound & Down,” “Saturday Night Live” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” Minor does the voice of Denzel, a ranger who is not so comfortable in the woods.

Although he has done more live-action work, Minor said transitioning into voice work has not been too difficult.

“I still move around when I’m in the recording booth, which helps,” Minor said in the conference. “I’m still acting and moving around and making facial gestures. I don’t know why, but the physical movements come through in your voice.”

Waco O’Guin and Roger Black, the creators, writers and executive producers of “Brickleberry,” initially pitched the show to Fox, which passed on it. “Brickleberry” then moved to Comedy Central, where Daniel Tosh, comedian and star of “Tosh.0”, hopped on as an executive producer.

Minor said he thinks Tosh’s star power is important for the show.

“Building on Daniel’s popularity and the sense of humor that the show has, I think (‘Brickleberry’) has a really good chance of being popular and successful,” Minor said.

Kenny agreed, and said he thinks Tosh being executive producer will appeal to “all the 17- and 18-year-olds who look up to him as a comedy demigod.”

Isaac Simpson, a second-year in biology, said he wants to watch “Brickleberry” because of Tosh’s involvement in the show.

“If it’s after ‘Tosh.0,’ then I’ll definitely watch it,” Simpson said. “I love ‘Tosh.0,’ so if he has something to do with it, then I’m sure it’ll be funny.”

Besides being executive producer, Tosh also does the voice of Malloy, a foul-mouthed bear who resembles Stewie from “Family Guy.”

“(Malloy) is kind of like a mouthpiece for Daniel Tosh,” Kenny said. “He’s an outwardly cute character, but underneath is a dark side where they want to kill you. Like an adorable psychotic.”

While Minor said the best part of being on “Brickleberry” is “not having to do makeup,” Kenny said the best part is that it makes him feel younger.

“As a guy who’s been doing this for a long time, it gives you a little bit of adrenaline being on a show by Roger and Waco because it’s their first show,” Kenny said. “So it’s fun and exciting because it makes me feel young again.”

Asked to describe “Brickleberry” in three words, Kenny said it is an “equal opportunity offender.” The show, much like “South Park,” relies on crude humor for laughs. Although Minor describes it as “pretty racy,” Kenny said it is important that the show stretches the limits.

“In the post-‘South Park,’ post-‘Family Guy’ era, if you’re going to raise those eyebrows … you’ve got to push farther than you would have five years ago,” Kenny said. “I really respect the show for going for it. Why push the envelope when you can shred the s— out of the envelope?”

In July, after Tosh made a controversial joke about rape on one of his live shows, several media outlets reported that the staff of “Brickleberry” had to edit the already-made pilot episode because it contained material about rape.

However, Kenny said he did not notice anything different after viewing the pilot episode the night before.

“Based on what I saw last night, I wasn’t able to discover any self-editing and I think that’s a great decision,” Kenny said. “That’s what Daniel did there and that’s what I would’ve done. The episode I saw last night had all the content intact, and as the saying goes, ‘In for a dime, in for a dollar.’ If you’re going to go to these places, you’ve got to go 110 percent.”

Although “Brickleberry” might be deemed too controversial by some people, Kenny said he believes it will ultimately be successful.

“I still have the worst crystal ball,” Kenny said. “That being said, the fact that any show gets this far is a nice vote of confidence. This show accomplishes its mission of being what it wants to be.”