Gov. John Kasich appointed a new member to a nine-year term on Ohio State’s Board of Trustees Wednesday.
Michael Gasser, executive chairman of Greif, Inc., is set to become an active member in November.  
Greif, Inc., is a “world leader in industrial packaging products and services,” according to a university release, and is based in Delaware, Ohio.
Chairman of the Board Robert H. Schottenstein, said that Gasser’s previous working experience will be good for the Board and for OSU.
“Without question, Mike’s strategic vision and deep financial expertise will strengthen our Board and further enhance its governance of the institution,” Schottenstein said in the release. “As an Ohioan with a thoroughly global perspective, he brings exactly the right mindset to Ohio State at this moment in its history.”
OSU President E. Gordon Gee also commented on Gasser’s appointment, and said OSU was fortunate to have Gasser.
“Through working with him in various capacities over the past several years, I know he will be a real asset in helping to accelerate our momentum in moving from excellence to eminence,” Gee said in the release.
In addition to his position at Greif, Inc., Gasser is a member of the James Foundation Board at OSU and of the Columbus Partnership. He also serves on the board of directors of Battelle Memorial Institute and Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
The Board is scheduled to hold its next meeting Nov. 8 and 9 at the Longaberger Alumni House.