Can you put a price on a person’s company? A few donors did so during Ohio State’s A Night of Remarkable Experiences auction.

OSU’s Digital First program, which is seeking to provide each student-athlete with an iPad by the end of 2013, netted $450,000 during a live and a silent auction Thursday at the Schottenstein Center. The top bid of the night of $185,000 won the bidder a 24-person dinner party at the 50-yard line in Ohio Stadium with OSU associate vice president and athletic director Gene Smith, football coach Urban Meyer and men’s basketball coach Thad Matta.

Dinner with Smith, Meyer and Matta wasn’t the only pricey item to get auctioned off, either.
From his Twitter account, OSU athletics spokesman Dan Wallenberg tweeted the results of several auction items. A Harley Davidson motorcycle with an OSU-themed design was auctioned off for $45,000. The motorcycle was also signed by Matta and Meyer.

The opportunity to travel with the men’s basketball team to its away game versus Duke went for $20,000, according to Wallenberg’s Twitter account.

A dinner cooked by Smith, Meyer and Matta at the home of the winning bidder went for $45,000, also according to Wallenberg’s account.

Other auction items included workouts with OSU football strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti, travel experiences with the football and men’s and women’s basketball teams, spinning lessons with Meyer’s wife, Shelley, OSU Marching Band drum-major batons and other assorted memorabilia.