After winning two consecutive tournaments, the No. 21 Ohio State women’s volleyball team struggled this weekend after going 1-2 overall in the Flo Hyman Collegiate Cup in Houston, Texas.

OSU lost to No. 18 Pepperdine, 3-0, No. 11 Florida State, 3-1, and finished out the tournament with a win against Houston, 3-1, to improve their record to 9-3 for the year.

The Buckeyes entered the tournament on a six-game winning streak. Over that span, OSU was named tournament champions twice, and upset their in-state rival No. 10 Dayton, 3-2, in the Western Kentucky University tournament on Sept. 7.

OSU opened the Flo Hyman Collegiate Cup in a tightly contested game against Pepperdine on Friday before falling to FSU a day later.

After winning the second set against the Seminoles, 25-22, the Buckeyes dropped their next two sets, 13-25, and lost the game 3-1.

OSU ended their three-game trip with a win against Houston late Saturday night to wrap up the tournament.

Though the Buckeyes did not come away with the same results to their previous two tournaments, they did keep up their streak of having at least one player named to an All-Tournament team as OSU’s senior middle blocker Mariah Booth’s effort against Houston landed her the honor this past weekend.

Booth had three block assists, two digs, and matched her career-high with 17 kills on 19 attempts for a .895 attack percentage.

OSU coach Geoff Carlston and the Buckeyes will begin their 2012 Big Ten schedule on Sept. 21 against Iowa, and host No. 1 Nebraska Sept. 22.
The two games are scheduled to be played at St. John Arena at 7 p.m.