Ohio State football continued its scheduling flurry, locking up its fourth home-and-home series in less than a month by securing contests against Boston College for 2020 and 2021 on Wednesday.
The Buckeyes will host the Eagles at Ohio Stadium on Sept. 19, 2020, before traveling to Chestnut Hill, Mass., on Sept. 18, 2021.
OSU athletic director Gene Smith called BC “a fine program from an outstanding conference.”
“This gives Ohio State fans a chance to watch their Buckeyes in back-to-back games against Pacific 12 and (Atlantic Coast Conference) schools,” Smith said in a released statement.
BC athletic director Brad Bates said the matchups against OSU serve as a way for the Eagles to gauge themselves against one of the nation’s best teams.
“This will be a great opportunity for our team to measure itself against one of the premier programs in college football,” Bates said in a released statement.
The Buckeyes are 3-0 against BC and haven’t played the school since a 38-6 win at the Kickoff Classic at the Meadowlands in New Jersey in 1995.
Over the course of those three games, OSU outscored BC, 103-45.
The Buckeyes will also face Oregon in 2020 and 2021, after locking in a home-and-home series with the Ducks on Oct. 23.
On Oct. 10, OSU announced a rematch against Texas for the 2022 and 2023 seasons.
The flurry of schedule additions began on Oct. 2, when the Buckeyes agreed to a home-and-home series with Texas Christian University for 2018 and 2019.
OSU is a combined 16-3-1 against BC, Oregon, Texas and TCU. The Buckeyes continue play in the 2012 season Saturday against Illinois at 3:30 p.m. in Ohio Stadium.