Ohio State football is scheduled to play a home-and-home series against Texas in 2022 and 2023, the athletic department announced Wednesday.

“Playing a program like the University of Texas always creates remarkable experiences for our players and fans,” athletic director Gene Smith said in a released statement. “Our last series with the Longhorns contributed to the great history and tradition that Buckeye Nation enjoys.”

The Buckeyes are 1-2 against the Longhorns, having only faced them three times in school history. OSU faced Texas in a home-and-home series in 2005, 2006 and, again, in the in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl.

OSU is scheduled to travel to Austin on Sept. 17, 2022 and to host the Longhorns a little more than a year later on Sept. 16, 2023 in Ohio Stadium, and the announcement of the series with the Longhorns is almost the most recent agreement to be finalized with a prominent Texan team.

On Oct. 2, OSU announced that its football team is slated to play a home-and-home football series against Texas Christian University in 2018 and 2019.

“Competing against programs from the state of Texas has always offered exciting experiences for our players and fans,” Smith said. “TCU continues to be one of the top football programs in the country.”

2018’s game is scheduled to be played Sept. 15 in Forth Worth, Texas while the 2019 contest is scheduled to be hosted on Sept. 21 at Ohio Stadium.

OSU has played TCU six times in school history and is 4-1-1 against the Horned Frogs.