Ohio State President E. Gordon Gee called for the creation of a safety task force last month, but students have yet to see any safety recommendations.
The task force was formed after a string of bicycle and pedestrian accidents that occurred in the on- and off-campus area. The force was announced in a Sept. 7 email to students and staff.
Javaune Adams-Gaston, vice president for Student Life, and Jay Kasey, senior vice president for Administration and Planning, were chosen to head the task force, which was expected to make recommendations to the university Oct. 1.
More than a week after the Oct. 1 expected date, the task force results have yet to be announced to the OSU community.
The recommendations are close to being finalized but will likely not be announced this week, said Jim Lynch, an OSU spokesman, in a Monday email.
The task force was formed after several accidents involving students in the University District.
In an accident that occurred Sept. 5, a student was hit and run over by a dump truck near a construction site on Woodruff Avenue. The student, James Daniel Hughes, had one of his legs amputated and is still at the Wexner Medical Center receiving treatment.
First-year student Rachel Stump was involved in an Aug. 19 car accident that caused her to go into a coma. She has woken up but is still recovering.
OSU student Yifan Gu was struck by a bicyclist Sept. 6 near Chumley’s on High Street. She left the scene in an ambulance that took her to the Wexner Medical Center, where she remained in stable condition Monday afternoon.
Other campus-area accidents have resulted in only minor injuries.