A staff member called Ohio State Police after finding a male passed out, sleeping against a partition outside Sloopy’s Diner at the Ohio Union.
The early Sunday call was made after the staff member had difficulty waking the male.
The male told officials he “had consumed too much alcohol while at a club and had come to Sloopy’s to wait while the alcohol metabolized out of his system,” according to a University Police report.
He said he had two to three beers and had been sitting on the floor from 1:30 a.m. until officers arrived at about 3:10 a.m. The individual asked if he could continue to wait at Sloopy’s until he felt he was able to drive home, but was told he had to leave.
An officer gave him instructions on how to safely sleep off the alcohol in his car, which was parked at Drinko Hall. The individual left on his own and was “polite and cooperative,” according to the report.
From Jan. 11 to Jan. 17,, there were 27 thefts reported by University Police, including the theft of a car from Buckeye Village. Two were thefts from cars and one was the theft of a bicycle from Neilwood Gables.
There were six traffic crashes in the past week, one involving an injury that occurred Friday morning at Tuttle Park Place and Neil Avenue.
Three students were given a criminal trespass advisement after walking across a construction site on the north side of Arps Hall around 1 a.m. on Saturday.
They said they cut through the construction site attempting to catch the Campus Loop South bus back to their residences on West Campus, because the bus only runs every 30 minutes. The cited students showed some signs of intoxication, according to the report.