Underground post-punk band Parquet Courts is making its way across the country in its first nationwide tour, which includes a stop in Columbus.

Parquet Courts is scheduled to perform at Café Bourbon Street, a bar on Summit Street, Monday at 9 p.m.

The band is touring to support the reissue of its debut album “Light Up Gold,” which is set to re-release on Jan. 15.

“The tour’s been great,” Parquet Courts’ guitarist and co-lead vocalist Austin Brown said in a phone interview from the tour van, on the road somewhere between Oxford, Mo., and Nashville, Tenn. “We’ve had a lot of really fun shows.”

The band members originally hail from Texas, where they met in college. But the band didn’t form until they reunited in New York in 2011, eight years later.

The energy of Parquet Courts’ tunes carries over into its live shows, where “crowd surfing and pit moshing” are not uncommon, Brown said.

Kevin DeBroux, a concert promoter at Café Bourbon Street, agreed that the show will be exciting.

“It’s going to be a party,” DeBroux said. “It’s just good songs, good rock ‘n’ roll and a fun place.”

He added that the venue will mesh well with the band’s sound.

“Superficially, it’s a little rough around the edges, but it’s a good-hearted punk bar with a good atmosphere,” DeBroux said. “And Columbus has a long history of high-energy, ramshackle rock ‘n’ roll bands, so they (Parquet Courts) fit in here well too.”

DeBroux said he knew some of the band members and had hosted them at Café Bourbon Street under other bands, like Fergus & Geronimo, a band headed by Parquet Courts’ other lead singer Andrew Savage.

“They contacted me and said they were rolling through town,” DeBroux said. “They were stoked to play, so it came together pretty easily.”

Patrick Tilley, the band’s public relations manager from Pitch Perfect PR, said Parquet Courts’ recent growth in popularity has shown that has a promising future.

“Pitch Perfect started working with the band in late 2012 and it’s been really exciting to see people discover the band and fall in love with them in a short amount of time,” he said. “It’s really eye catching in a big way.”

Tilley said the group is likely headed for success beyond this coast-to-coast tour of America.

“It’s a great chance to catch a band on the rise,” he said. “Hopefully in six months people will say, ‘I saw them when …'”

Tickets for the show are $5 at Café Bourbon Street, located at 2216 Summit St. Supporting acts Connections, Psychedelic Horseshit and WV White will also be playing.