Three acoustic performers from two different sides of the Atlantic Ocean are set to take the stage in Columbus. For two of these musicians, the show is a homecoming, but for one, it’s far from it.
Benjamin Francis Leftwich, a British singer-songwriter, is scheduled to play at Rumba Café on Monday at 9 p.m., and will be joined by Ohio natives Tim Easton and Megan Palmer.  
His tour began Feb. 2, postponed due to family issues, but Leftwich said since restarting, the tour has been great and his show in Columbus might even include new music. Leftwich said he is planning to release a new album sometime this year.
“When the songs are right, and the moment’s right, I’ll release it,” Leftwich said. “My favorite songs I write are songs I care about and I feel connected to. The songs kind of lead themselves.”
Even after releasing his debut album “Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm” in June 2011, Leftwich said he still gets nervous when taking the stage.  
In this show, however, Leftwich will have local professionals joining him, perhaps bringing a sense of calm to the performance.
Easton and Palmer bring local color to the show. Easton studied at Ohio State, and Palmer studied at Capital University in Bexley, Ohio, about 20 minutes from OSU.
“I was an English major, of course,” Easton said. “I minored in women’s studies. It helps when you’re writing songs to understand women. It helps to get the job done.”
The singer-songwriter vibe will carry through the night’s performances.
“I will be playing the acoustic guitar,” Easton said. “There will be no escaping the singer-songwriter tag.”
Adding Palmer to the set might mix the sound up a bit – she plays the violin and will be performing with Easton.
Palmer said she enjoys returning to Columbus to perform.
“It’s always great to come back to Columbus,” said Palmer, who lives in Brooklyn. “It’s like coming home for sure.”
Easton and Palmer met and began playing together a decade ago in Columbus. In August, Easton and Palmer spent a month touring together in Alaska, Palmer said.
“What we are trying to do is combine our styles,” Palmer said. “We are doing a lot with harmony and vocals and co-songwriting.”
Palmer studied classical music but also learned improvisation and blues.
“Tim and I are definitely influenced by the singer-songwriter, folk-y, indie rock,” Palmer said.  
Rumba Café is located at 2507 Summit St. Tickets are available online through Vendini for $12.