The next test for the Ohio State women’s lacrosse team is set to be against the No. 9-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Wednesday evening in South Bend, Ind.
No. 13 OSU holds a 2-1 record after winning at William & Mary Feb. 20 and at home against Boston College Saturday afternoon.
Notre Dame is coming off a win at Stanford where they won, 12-10, after a second-half comeback.
This matchup will be OSU’s third road game of the season. The Buckeyes are 1-1 in away games. OSU is 7-10 against Notre Dame all-time after losing at their last meeting about a year ago, 16-7, in OSU’s first loss last season.
In Saturday’s 15-8 win against Boston College, OSU scored eight goals in the first half and seven in the second half. Junior attacker Katie Chase had a career-high four goals as sophomore midfielder Kelsea Ayers and freshman midfielder Cian Dabrowski added an additional three goals each.
“Boston College is an incredibly talented team, but we were able to capitalize at the right moments to keep the momentum in our favor,” said OSU coach Alexis Venechanos in a press release.
OSU saw contributions from many of its players in the win, including two assists from sophomore attacker Jackie Cifarelli and six saves from sophomore goalkeeper Tori DeScenza, who recorded her second win this season.
“The draw was huge for us today and we were able to spread the ball around to get (a lot) of players involved on offense. I think the most important factor for us though was team defense. Everyone clicked and worked together,” Venechanos said.
The Buckeyes are set to take on the Fighting Irish at 6 p.m. Wednesday.