A new human resources faculty leader joined Ohio State this week as part of what President E. Gordon Gee called “a central leadership change.”
Andraea Douglass, the new vice president for the Office of Talent, Culture and Human Resources, joined OSU this week after Gee announced her hire on Feb. 6.
Douglass “joins us with a deep understanding of the University’s priorities and opportunities,” Gee said in an email announcement to faculty. “She has helped us to refine and accelerate our transformational One University strategy through her expertise in innovative problem solving, process implementation, culture enhancement, and management development.”
Douglass most recently worked with Senn Delaney, a company that focuses on shaping the culture within the workplace. She has worked with organizations such as Nationwide Insurance, Merck Pharmaceuticals and The United States Air Force. Gee said she has worked with OSU for the past four years as a “consultant and partner.”
“Through that time, I’ve learned a lot about Ohio State – our leaders, our structure, how to move priorities forward, and what we do well and where we can be stronger,” Douglass said in an email. “That information will help me continue and expand the great work that’s underway.”
Douglass officially joined the university on Monday, replacing Kathleen McCutcheon who resigned as vice president for Human Resources on Dec. 5 after holding the position for a year and a half.
Douglass will earn an annual salary of $425,000 and oversee 250 staff members employed in the central Human Resources office, according to OSU spokeswoman Liz Cook in an email.
Douglass said she is excited about her position with the university.
“I’m excited to join Ohio State,” Douglass said. “We have very dedicated and committed people who want to be of service to the university, and in Human Resources we are positioned to help everyone do their best work every day. It will take a team of dedicated, high-performing faculty and staff to reach our goals, and in Human Resources, our focus is supporting our faculty and staff.”
Timothy Gerber, a professor in the School of Music and secretary of the University Senate, met Douglass while serving as Chair-Elect of Faculty Council in 2008.
“She is a results-oriented professional who quickly builds trust among faculty, staff and administration alike. She’s also a great listener. I have a lot of respect for all that,” Gerber said. “In my opinion, she will move the university forward at a critical time for colleges and universities.”
Douglass said she is focused on continuing to learn the ins and outs of OSU.
“I will spend time learning about the work underway in Human Resources, and getting to know my team so we can continue and build on that work,” she said. “I will look to find ways we can work together to grow to continue our journey from excellence to eminence…I look forward to the work we will accomplish together.”