This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Swift fights back

Apparently Taylor Swift isn’t just struggling to think of new material for her songs, she cannot take a joke either. In April’s issue of “Vanity Fair” the singer-songwriter shared how she really felt about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s jokes about her love life during the Golden Globe Awards, which aired Jan 13. The women, who co-hosted the Golden Globes, merely suggested with Swift’s dating record that she should “stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son.” 

I guess she didn’t find this as funny as the audience seemed to.

“Katie Couric is one of my favorite people,” Swift told “Vanity Fair,” “Because she said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, ‘There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.'” 

Where’s your sense of humor, Swift? Not only are Fey and Poehler two of the most hilarious actresses today, at least in my opinion, but they’re even attempting to humor Swift’s reaction. 

“Aw, I feel bad if she was upset,” Poehler told “The Hollywood Reporter.” “I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff.” 

Comedians – 1, whiney pop singer – 0.

MTV Movie Awards nominees

The nominees for the 2013 MTV Movie Awards were announced Tuesday, and films “Django Unchained” and “Ted” each took seven bids. 

Just a couple of the awards “Django” is up for are Movie of the Year and Best Villain for Leonardo DiCaprio. While I’ll be rooting for the Quentin Tarantino film to take home each of the seven awards it’s nominated for, these two hold quite more importance to the others. Movie of the Year, for obvious reasons, would be spectacular to see the cast receive, however Best Villain would be DiCaprio’s first award for the film, after being snubbed by both the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. 

When it comes to “Ted,” I can’t deny the film, which stars one of my recent obsessions, Mila Kunis, along with Mark Wahlberg and voice actor Seth MacFarlane as a stuffed teddy bear, gave me some laughs. However, Best Movie of the Year? That’s quite a stretch.

“Silver Linings Playbook” received six nominations, and “The Dark Knight Rises,” which will rightfully give “Django” a run for its money in both Movie of the Year and Best Villain, received five. 

Also during the show, Will Ferrell will be honored with the well-deserved Comedic Genius Award. After starring in uproarious films such as “Old School” and “Anchorman,” I can’t think of a better winner. 

The MTV Movie Awards are scheduled to air live from Culver City, Calif. on April 14 at 9 p.m. and will be hosted by Rebel Wilson (“Bridesmaids,” “Pitch Perfect”).