After three online editions, “Scarlette Magazine” is looking to celebrate the publishing of its first print issue in style. 

Ohio State’s first fashion magazine is set to host a gala Thursday night at 7 p.m., called “The Gift of Scarlette: An Inspi(Red) Benefit Gala” at the Faculty Club’s main ballroom. 

Part of the gala’s proceeds will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

Amber Hammond, “Scarlette Magazine’s” executive director and a third-year in international business administration and fashion and retail studies, said the gala will appeal to students interested in fashion.

“We invited a lot of different fashion industry people in Columbus to come, and it’ll be a really great networking opportunity for students to come if they’re interested in fashion,” Hammond said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun.”

The magazine, released biannually, has had three online issues since its first release in Winter Quarter 2012, but the first print edition will debut Thursday.

“It’s a big deal for us because this is the first time we’re publicly giving out our magazine,” Hammond said. “Usually it’s just small and for the students involved in the making of it.”

Hammond said the magazine is entirely student-run.

“All the models are students, which a lot of people are shocked by,” she said. “All of the writers, all of the photographers, the layouts, everything is done by students.”

Copies of the spring issue will be available with a $10 suggested donation, said James McGuire, the magazine’s editor-in-chief and a third-year in English and medieval and renaissance studies . Print copies of this issue will only be available at the gala are expected to sell out. 

“This year we have to do a very abbreviated print run and ask for a suggested donation for it,” McGuire said. “But the magazine will still be available for free online, as it has been for the last three issues.”

Hammond said they hope the magazine will expand and be able to distribute 5,000 copies across campus in the future, while also being able to give it out for free. 

McGuire also said covering the cost for this print issue was made possible through advertising, fundraising and donations, including one from the College of Arts and Sciences.

McGuire would not disclose the amount of the donation given or the cost to produce the print run. 

The gala, is set to feature a silent auction, live music, a cash bar and a fashion show that will “(showcase) different looks from the spring issue,” McGuire said.

Attire is semi-formal and admission is $2 to those who don’t RSVP and show up wearing red.

Some students said they are excited about the gala and support its cause.

“It sounds cool because it’s the first-ever fashion magazine so that’s groundbreaking at the university,” said Mandi Herman, a second-year in business. “And then it’s also cool because it’s benefiting a charity. Anything that benefits a charity is always worth going to.”

The Faculty Club is located at 181 S. Oval Drive.