Start packing your bags! Spring break is less than a week away. It’s time to break out the bikinis and don your favorite flip-flops for a week full of fun in the sun and some seriously necessary relaxation. When it comes to beach vacations, packing sounds easy and overpacking is never a problem since short-shorts and tiny bikinis take up almost no room in a suitcase. But there are a few essentials that you’ll want to remember to make some room for.

Beach sweatshirt: It’s only March, so even though it’s 75 degrees and sunny by noon, beaches can be cold during the early morning or late-night hours. Bring a loose, comfy sweatshirt to pull over your bikini top for a quick and practical cover-up. You might also find you want to pair it with a cute pair of denim shorts for a night of hanging out on the boardwalk. Look for options in bright colors, three-quarter sleeves or an off-the-shoulder neckline to keep it fun and flirty.

Lip balm with SPF 15: This might seem like a serious stretch, but a lip balm with SPF is the easiest way to avoid chapped lips on a spring break vacation. Between spending hours on the beach sipping on fruity drinks, your body is sure to get a bit dehydrated. This increases your risk of chapped and sunburnt lips. Be sure to apply lip balm the same way you would sunscreen to keep your lips kissable all break long.

Clear nail polish: For those of you who make sure to get a manicure and pedicure before you jet off to warmer weather, clear nail polish will be your lifesaver. The sand and saltwater can cause your nail polish to chip prematurely. Apply a coat of clear polish after you come back from a day at the beach to protect your perfectly polished fingertips.

Aloe vera lotion: Spending whole days in the sun, you’re almost guaranteed a little bit of a sunburn. Aloe vera will keep your skin from peeling and looking too red during your night out. Keep in mind the lotion will be hydrating your skin so you might need to re-apply a few times a day if you suffer from a particularly bad burn. If you don’t burn, this lotion will also help keep your tan from fading too fast.

Sun hat: You don’t necessarily need to opt for a Samantha (from “Sex in the City”)-style sun hat, but even wearing a baseball cap on the beach can keep your nose and forehead from burning too quickly. Your nose is the most exposed to the sun and usually will be the first part of your face to get sun poisoning, so it’s a good idea to give it some extra protection.

Making sure you don’t forget to pack anything is the easiest way to keep yourself relaxed during your whole trip. Try making a checklist of outfits you definitely want to bring so you can check things off as they make it into your duffle bag. That way you’re sure to remember that extra pair of socks you always forget.