Home » A+E » ‘Zombie Survival Guide’ author Max Brooks to share survival tips with Ohio State

‘Zombie Survival Guide’ author Max Brooks to share survival tips with Ohio State

Zombies have become a bit of a hot topic in popular culture lately, and Ohio State is set to be visited by a man with ample knowledge on the subject.

Max Brooks, author of “The Zombie Survival Guide” and “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War,” is scheduled to come to campus for an Ohio Union Activities Board-sponsored event.

The event, “10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse,” is set to take place April 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Ohio Union Performance Hall.

Brooks wrote for “Saturday Night Live” from 2001-2003, and his film debut will come June 21 with the release of “World War Z,” a movie based on his novel of the same name, starring Brad Pitt.

Julia McCullough, a third-year in middle childhood education, said she is interested in the subject of the lecture, and is excited for Brooks to come to campus.

“I like the whole zombie genre, I think it’s cool,” she said. “I read a lot of books – I just finished ‘Warm Bodies.’ It’s so good.”

McCullough said she doesn’t think she’d make it in the event of a zombie apocalypse. 

“I probably wouldn’t survive for too long,” she said. “I would probably hide because I wouldn’t do well fighting them.”

Alecia Frankart, a second-year in communication, said the lecture doesn’t interest her because the topic of a zombie apocalypse is unrealistic.

“I don’t think there is going to be a zombie apocalypse so I have no worries about it,” Frankart said.

Tickets for the event will be available one per BuckID and are set to be released March 27 at 5 p.m. at the Ohio Union’s Information Center.

A representative from OUAB did not respond to a request for comment on the event.

Logan Hickman contributed to this story.