The Columbus Division of Police is investigating an alleged homicide and attempted suicide that occurred near the Ohio State campus early Monday morning.

Police found Leslie J. Manner, 39, unresponsive near the doorway of a home at 2261 Indiana Ave. According to reports, police had responded to a call at about 2:08 a.m. Manner was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:25 a.m.

The man who allegedly killed her was found bloody and suffering from stab wounds as well, in an apparent suicide attempt. Jerry A. Delong, 26, was rushed to the Wexner Medical Center in critical condition, but is expected to survive.

Police reportedly arrived at the scene after neighbors alerted authorities of screaming coming from the home next door, but according to 10TV, law enforcement also visited the home about half an hour before the crime after Manner called police to report a domestic dispute. Authorities reportedly left the area after the incident appeared resolved, but 10TV reports that it was these same officers who arrived less than an hour later to find the female victim dead.

Officer Samuel McFarland was the only police officer on location when The Lantern arrived at the scene. He said he was instructed to guard the house and ensure no one entered the property, which is located near the Indianola Avenue intersection, but did not know many more details.

Andrew Jacob, a third-year in mathematics and an Indiana Avenue resident, said he noticed police vehicles surrounding the area early Monday morning, but was not aware of the specific crime that occurred.

He called the incident “unnerving,” but said he had “heard of a number of things” relating to criminal activity in the area.

According to police reports, homicide detectives are preparing murder charges against Delong.

This is the 21st homicide of 2013, according to police reports.