Courtesy of MCT

Courtesy of MCT

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Daniels talks ‘Dumb and Dumber’ sequel
It may be almost 20 years since the uproarious comedy “Dumb and Dumber” hit the big screen, but the stars haven’t forgot about the awaiting fans. Jeff Daniels confirmed the sequel, to be titled “Dumb and Dumber To,” on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” and anticipates filming to start in September. Jim Carrey will also star in the sequel.

“I’ve seen the script. It’s hysterical,” Daniels said on ‘Late Night.’ “We’re middle-aged. We’re not pretending we aren’t. We’re middle-aged and we’re still that stupid.”

With Daniels and Carrey both in their fifties, it’s difficult to anticipate how the sequel will live up to the original film, but I’m looking forward to finding out.

Pearl Jam tour ahead
Pearl Jam has announced its first North American tour since 2010 to start in October. The band delivered the news through a countdown clock on its website, which was put up on July 1 and ended Monday afternoon, revealing the tour dates.

The ‘90s rock band fueled most of my childhood angst and although the closest tour date to Columbus is Pittsburgh, this announcement warms my heart. I may be venturing to Pittsburgh to see the iconic Eddie Vedder.

Bynes still making headlines
The 27-year-old actress Amanda Bynes has attracted an immense amount of attention lately, and after tweeting that she thinks President Barack Obama is ugly and showing up to court Tuesday in a bright blue wig, her reckless behavior doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

Bynes was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment and allegedly throwing a marijuana bong from her window in May.

Growing up watching her on “The Amanda Show” and “All That,” it’s tough to watch her downward spiral. I can only hope she bounces back and proves she’s not as big of a mess as everyone thinks.