OSU junior guard Aaron Craft (4) shoots a game-winning 3-pointer during the March 24 NCAA Tournament game against Iowa State. With the 78-75 win, OSU advanced to the Sweet 16.

Lantern file photo

The Ohio State men’s basketball team will open the 2013-14 season at home on Nov. 9 against Morgan State.

Highlighting the remainder of the non-conference schedule, released on Monday by OSU, are a pair of home games against Ohio University on Nov. 12 and future Big Ten opponent Maryland on Dec. 4.

OSU will also play a neutral-site game against Notre Dame Dec. 21 as part of the 2013 Gotham classic, and will play its first road game Nov. 16 at Marquette.

The game against the Golden Eagles opens a home-and-home series for the two teams, as Marquette will come to OSU in 2014-15.

The Buckeyes and Golden Eagles were scheduled to open last season as part of the 2013 Carrier Classic on the deck of the USS Yorktown, but the game was canceled due to condensation making the court conditions unplayable.

The game against Ohio University marks the 22nd time the schools will meet on the hardwood, with OSU holding a 17-4 lead in the series.

The Buckeyes will play four Big Ten teams only once this season. OSU will play host to both Michigan and Northwestern and travel to both Indiana and Wisconsin in single plays.

Upon the release of the conference schedule, the last non-conference date will be finalized. As it stands now, OSU will play Louisiana-Monroe either Dec. 27 or 28.

2013-14 Ohio State Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 9 Morgan State
Nov.12 Ohio University
Nov. 16 @ Marquette
Nov. 20 American University
Nov. 25 Wyoming
Nov. 29 North Florida

Dec. 4 Maryland
Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
Dec. 11 Bryant
Dec. 14 North Dakota State
Dec. 18 Delaware
Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (at Madison Square Garden)
Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe