Khloe Kardashian (right) with husband Lamar Odom. Rumors recently emerged that Odom has been going through a crack cocaine addiction. Credit: Courtesy of Facebook

Khloe Kardashian (right) with husband Lamar Odom. Rumors recently emerged that Odom has been going through a crack cocaine addiction.
Credit: Courtesy of Facebook

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

MTV 2013 Video Music Awards

The ratio of music to shows about teen parents broadcasted on MTV was back in balance after the 2013 Video Music Awards broadcasted live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

With Sunday night’s show, the circle of celebrity life is back in harmony. Kanye West took a low-key seat in the audience and sang a modest performance of his song “Blood On The Leaves,” and his appearance at the VMAs alluded a calmer persona in contrast to his 2009 incident with Taylor Swift on the award stage.

However, we must still crown this year’s queen of crazy.

Miley Cyrus was raised up among the masses to overlook what would soon be her kingdom of controversy, raising the eyebrows of not only the viewers, but also the Parents Television Council, an organization backed by the one and only Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley’s dad.

In the council’s press release, the organization declared, “MTV continues to sexually exploit young women by promoting acts that incorporate ‘twerking’ in a nude-colored bikini. How is this image of former child star Miley Cyrus appropriate for 14-year-olds?”

The release had no mention of daddy Cyrus’ name.

Add an alleged Taylor Swift F-bomb, an ‘NSYNC reunion and the remarkable looks of disgust and surprise from Will Smith and his family during Lady Gaga’s risque performance, I think Buzzfeed will have enough memes to get them through the year.

Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom

Rumors and sources have emerged from the woodwork to reveal that former Los Angeles Clippers basketball player Lamar Odom has allegedly been battling a crack cocaine addiction. Of course, this comes to the dismay of not onlyKhloe Kardashian, but the entire Kardashian clan.

After a week of divorce speculation and even a rumor that the 33-year-old NBA player was missing (he wasn’t), it is certain that the couple, who tied the knot only nine days after they met in September 2009, is still together.

Of course, mom-ager Kris Jenner, matriarch of the Kardashian clan, is rumored to have met with divorce attorney LauraWasser, feeling Khloe to be “too emotional to see things clearly,” according to “Us Magazine.”

As a guiltless viewer of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and its numerous E! spin-offs, it’s disheartening to see this issue arise. Although the fame of the Kardashians is widely criticized by the general public, it’s difficult (and somewhat insensitive) to wish ill-will on a celebrity.