Three males unaffiliated with Ohio State reported that a male “pulled a gun on them” on Curl Drive Friday at about 9:30 p.m., according to a University Police report.

The three males, aged 16 to 21, were leaving the basketball courts on Curl Drive when they noticed the male suspect “looking at them funny.” The suspect initiated a short friendly conversation with them before pulling a small silver semi-automatic handgun out of his pocket. The suspect did not point the gun at the males but said, “check me out” several times. The three males then ran away from the suspect, according to the University Police report.

The suspect, a black male approximately 17 to 18 years old, was with another black male approximately age 18 to 19 and a black female approximately 15 to 17 years old. The three reportedly left eastbound toward High Street after the incident occurred.

Following the incident, one of the males who had been leaving the basketball courts attempted to call 911 but reached a recording telling him the lines were busy. He then used the emergency phone near Haverfield House to contact police.

The case, documented as disorderly conduct, is closed, according to a University Police report.

In a second incident of disorderly conduct, a male staff member called police on an intoxicated female student at the Residence on 10th Saturday shortly before 3 a.m. An officer arrived at the student’s room, and after medics questioned her, it was determined that she didn’t need to be transported to the hospital. She was released her into the care of her boyfriend and the case was closed, according to a University Police report.

A male juvenile, unaffiliated with OSU, was arrested near the 11th Avenue parking garage after attempting to steal a box of candy, nuts, a personal battery powered fan and a USB cord wall charger from a nearby CVS Tuesday about 9:30 p.m.

The juvenile was carrying a gold-painted plastic pellet pistol and riding a BMX style bicycle, according to a University Police report.

A male student reported assault at Bolz Hall on Monday at about 3 p.m. Investigation into the event is pending, according to a University Police report.

There were 39 total thefts reported on OSU’s campus this week from Aug. 21 to Aug. 28. Of these, 20 incidents were thefts of bicycles, two were thefts from automobiles and one was a theft of an automobile.