A block party called ‘ratCHITT’ was held Aug. 24 on Chittenden Avenue. There were about four arrests and pepper spray was used in two instance, according to a CPD commander. Credit: Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editor

A block party called ‘ratCHITT’ was held Aug. 24 on Chittenden Avenue. There were about four arrests and pepper spray was used in two instances, according to a CPD commander. Credit: Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editor

At least four people were arrested at ratCHITT Aug. 24, according to Christopher Bowling of the Columbus Division of Police.

RatCHITT was a block party held on Chittenden Avenue in the Ohio State off-campus area. More than 1,700 people replied they were going to the event on the ratCHITT Facebook event page out of more than 5,500 who were invited.

Bowling said to his knowledge, three people were arrested for open container and one for disorderly conduct.

One of the people arrested was a Capital University student and the other three were locals, Bowling said. To his knowledge, no OSU students were arrested.

Bowling also said no large-scale pepper spray was used to control the crowd, although pepper spray was used on at least two individuals who were exciting the crowd.

These two individuals fled the scene upon being pepper sprayed and were not arrested, Bowling said.

The exact number of arrests will be released in a final report, which is usually released four weeks after an event, Bowling said. The event was about two weeks ago.