Tushar Shriram Kabre, age 28, died Sept. 19 at the Wexner Medical Center. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Tushar Shriram Kabre, age 28, died Sept. 19 at the Wexner Medical Center.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

The man pulled from Mirror Lake at the end of August died after spending roughly a month in critical condition.

Tushar Shriram Kabre, age 28, died Thursday at 11:15 a.m. at the Wexner Medical Center. His cause of death was near drowning, Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak said.

His manner of death was still undetermined as of 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, Gorniak said.

Kabre was taken to the hospital in critical condition Aug. 18 and was placed in the Intensive Care Unit. A Medical Center spokeswoman told The Lantern earlier this month Kabre had been removed from the ICU but remained in critical condition.

Kabre was pulled from the lake after a 911 call reporting a “person in distress in Mirror Lake” was received at approximately 5 p.m. Aug. 18, and other bystanders approached the Ohio State Public Safety Mobile Command Unit that was in the area to get additional help.

The female OSU student who made the call declined to comment on the situation.

Police officers and Student Safety officers jumped into Mirror Lake to pull Kabre from the water and bystanders reported paramedics performed CPR and chest resuscitations for several minutes without any apparent reaction from him.

OSU Administration and Planning spokeswoman Lindsay Komlanc said in an email Kabre “received a masters of science in chemistry degree in Autumn 2011” but he was not currently enrolled at the university.

OSU Ph.D. candidate Krishna Patel, an acquaintance of Kabre’s from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, told The Lantern Aug. 19 Kabre was a student from India and he didn’t know of any relatives of Kabre’s in the area.

Attempts to locate relatives of Kabre were unsuccessful.