Junior quarterback, Braxton Miller (5), attempts to run through a tackle by Northwestern defender during a game Oct. 5 at Ryan Field. OSU won, 40-30.  Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) attempts to run through a tackle by Northwestern defender during a game Oct. 5 at Ryan Field. OSU won, 40-30. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

The Big Ten football schedules for the 2018 and 2019 seasons were released by the conference Wednesday.

Ohio State is scheduled to play new conference foe Rutgers for the third time at home in 2018. The Buckeyes are also set to host Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska and Michigan and travel to Penn State, Purdue, Michigan State and Maryland.

A season-opening home game for 2018 is yet to be determined, but OSU is scheduled to visit TCU and host North Carolina to round out its schedule that year.

OSU hosts Michigan State, Wisconsin, Maryland and Penn State as part of its conference slate in 2019, and is scheduled to travel to Indiana, Nebraska, Northwestern, Rutgers and Michigan.

The Buckeyes open Big Ten play that year with back-to-back road games at Indiana Sept. 14 and at Nebraska Sept. 28. OSU hosts TCU between those games Sept. 21. It will be the first time the Horned Frogs will play in Columbus since 1973.

The 2019 visit to Northwestern marks the first time OSU will play in Evanston, Ill., since this year’s 40-30 victory Oct. 5. The Oct. 26 date with Wisconsin will be the first time the Badgers will return to Ohio Stadium since losing to OSU 31-24 on Sept. 28 of this year.

Maryland and Rutgers officially join the conference next season, and the B1G will sport a new alignment with East and West divisions.

The Big Ten is scheduled to expand its conference schedule to nine games beginning in 2016, the same season OSU is set to play nine straight weeks of B1G contests.

2018 Ohio State Football Schedule

Sept. 1 — TBA

Sept. 8 — Rutgers

Sept. 15 — at TCU

Sept. 22 — North Carolina

Sept. 29 — at Penn State

Oct. 6 — Indiana

Oct. 13 — Minnesota

Oct. 20 — at Purdue

Nov. 3 — Nebraska

Nov. 10 — at Michigan State

Nov. 17 — Maryland

Nov. 24 —Michigan

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule

Aug. 31 —TBA

Sept. 7 — Cincinnati

Sept. 14 — at Indiana

Sept. 21 — TCU

Sept. 28 — at Nebraska

Oct. 5 — Michigan State

Oct. 19 —at Northwestern

Oct. 26 — Wisconsin

Nov. 9 — Maryland

Nov. 16 — at Rutgers

Nov. 23 — Penn State

Nov. 30 — at Michigan