Skully’s Music-Diner is slated to host ‘Ladies ‘80s and More Halloween Costume Ball’ Oct. 31. It is located at 1151 N. High St.  Credit: Kim Dailey / Lantern reporter

Skully’s Music-Diner is slated to host ‘Ladies ‘80s and More Halloween Costume Ball’ Oct. 31. It is located at 1151 N. High St.
Credit: Kim Dailey / Lantern reporter

Columbus-area bars and clubs have scheduled parties and events Halloween day, where patrons can dress up as spirits, then drink them.

Bossy Grrl’s Pin Up Joint, a dive bar located about one mile from central campus at 2598 N. High St., is set to host a costumed karaoke event Oct. 31. Those who participate in the event are eligible to win prizes throughout the evening based on the costume they wear as well as their song choice.

Amber Myers, co-owner of Bossy Grrl’s, said the winners don’t necessarily have to sing well in order to win, but be the most enthusiastic in their performance.

“Karaoke is not about the people who can really sing,” Myers said. “I want them to be pitchy, off-key, slurry and just loud.”

The party doesn’t stop there — it’s set to continue down High Street.

Skully’s Music-Diner, located nearly one mile and a half from central campus at 1151 N. High St., is scheduled to host a “The Greatest Halloween Party in Columbus: Ladies 80s and More Halloween Costume Ball” starting at 8 p.m. on Halloween.

Trent Phillips, lead bartender at Skully’s, said Skully’s was one of the original bars part of the HighBall Halloween block party in the Short North and Arena districts.

“Even though Skully’s is not part of (HighBall) anymore, this is the 12th year in a row we have held a Halloween event,” Phillips said.

All participants, male or female, must be 18 and older to enter the bar and contest and are able to win one of three cash prizes: $500 for first place, $300 for second place and $100 for third place, Phillips said. Although it is ladies’ night, men can participate in the contest as well.

Phillips said there will be drink specials during the night, but didn’t know what was on the list.

On down the road from Skully’s and around the corner are three parties that are set to be held simultaneously.

“It’s a college night,” Jérôme Franz, a manager at Park Street Patio, said of the bar’s decision to have a Halloween event. “Let’s go and have all three of these parties at one time.”

The Park Street Complex, located at 525 through 533 Park St., about two and a half miles from central campus, is set to hold three different parties on Halloween in each of its three venues: Park Street Patio, Park Street Saloon and The Social.

Colin Rossi, another manager at Park Street Patio, said each venue will have its own theme: Social is to have an angels and demons theme, Patio, a superhero theme and Saloon, a Cowboy theme.

Saloon is also slated to host a costume party starting at midnight, Franz said. A $200 prize is to be awarded to the best male and female costumes. Participants must be 18 and older to enter.

Franz said there will be a $3 drinks and special shots to commemorate the evening.