crimebrief

A Student Life staff member reported a male student was raped in a car parked in the Ohio Stadium lot.

The incident occurred sometime between Oct. 14 and Nov. 4 and was reported Nov. 4. The suspect was a male acquaintance of the student and the student does not want to press charges, according to University Police Chief Paul Denton. The incident case is open for investigation.

About two-thirds of sexual assaults are committed by someone known to the victim, according to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network website.

It is University Police policy to accept anonymous and third-party crime reports.

In addition, two assaults were reported on Ohio State’s campus this week from Oct. 30 to Wednesday.

A 22-year-old male suspected of using drugs was arrested for assaulting a 20-year-old female student and obstructing official business at Morrill Tower Nov. 2 at about 3:15 a.m. The man was not affiliated with OSU.

Prior to this, a female staff member reported assault at Wexner Medical Center Martha Morehouse Medical plaza, located at 2050 Kenny Road. The event was recorded as having occurred Oct. 24, but was reported Oct. 31, according to a University Police report.

There were also 30 total thefts reported this week. Of these three were thefts from automobiles, two incidents were thefts of bicycles and one was a theft of auto.