Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) runs the ball during a game against Michigan Nov. 30 at Michigan Stadium. OSU won, 42-41. Credit: Kaily Cunningham / Multimedia editor

Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) runs the ball during a game against Michigan Nov. 30 at Michigan Stadium. OSU won, 42-41.
Credit: Kaily Cunningham / Multimedia editor

Junior quarterback Braxton Miller and nine other members of the No. 2 Ohio State football team (12-0, 8-0) received recognition when the Big Ten announced its All-Conference teams and positional award winners Monday.

Miller was named the conference’s Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year and a first-team All-Big Ten selection.

Miller, fresh off a five-touchdown performance in OSU’s 42-41 win against Michigan, went 138 for 210 passing for 1,759 yards and 21 touchdowns during the 2013 regular season. He also rushed for 891 yards on 132 carries and eight touchdowns, all despite getting injured early in OSU’s second game and missing the next two. His ranks second on the team in rushing yards, trailing only senior running back Carlos Hyde.

Hyde won the conference’s Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year award, and was also named as a first-team All-Big Ten running back along with Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah. Hyde ran for 1,290 yards and 14 touchdowns on the season, and became the first running back under coach Urban Meyer to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a season.

Three offensive linemen were also All-Big Ten selections. Redshirt-senior center Corey Linsley, redshirt-senior left tackle Jack Mewhort and senior left guard Andrew Norwell were all first-team selections by the media. The coaches chose Linsley as a first-team selection and Mewhort and Norwell as second-team selections.

Senior wide receiver Corey “Philly” Brown was a second-team All-Big Ten selection by the coaches.

Junior linebacker Ryan Shazier was named first-team All-Big Ten by the coaches and media.

Shazier led the Big Ten with 123 total tackles and 22 tackles for loss during the 2013 regular season. He recorded double digit tackles a total of six times, and tallied a season-high 19 during OSU’s 42-14 win against Indiana Nov. 23.

Redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby was a first-team All-Big Ten selection by both coaches and media.

Sophomore defensive end Noah Spence was a first-team All-Big Ten selection on the defensive line by the media, and a second-team selection by coaches. Junior defensive lineman Michael Bennett was a second-team selection by both coaches and media.

Redshirt-senior quarterback Kenny Guiton was OSU’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Award honoree.