The Ohio State men’s hockey team will be searching for its first-ever Big Ten conference win Monday, as the team fell to the Michigan Wolverines, 4-3, in overtime Friday in Ann Arbor.

The game saw the Buckeyes (8-5-0, 0-1-0) come back from a one-goal deficit three times against the No. 3-ranked Wolverines (9-2-1, 1-0-0).

A goal from sophomore forward Anthony Greco with 3:13 left in regulation tied the game at 3-3 and sent the teams into overtime.

Michigan sophomore forward Andrew Copp netted the game-winning goal with 1:22 left in the extra session.

Despite the loss, OSU coach Steve Rohlik said the effort was something to be noted of the Buckeyes in the tough matchup.

“Our kids emptied the tank, we played hard and there were some chances on both sides,” Rohlik said in an OSU press release. “We just came out on the short end. You always have to learn from things and we’re going to learn from this and get better.”

The teams were tied, 1-1, after the first period, and Michigan had a 3-2 advantage heading into the third.

Freshman goalie Logan Davis, in his third start between the posts for the Buckeyes, had a career-high 34 saves, including one on a second-period penalty shot from Michigan freshman forward Evan Allen.

OSU converted on both of its power play opportunities, while the Wolverines had one goal on four power plays, the first power play goal allowed by the Buckeyes in 27 opportunities.

The Buckeyes are set to close the two-game series with Michigan Monday in the Schottenstein Center. The puck is set to drop at 7:05 p.m.