Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) carries the ball during the Big Ten Championship game against Michigan State Dec. 7 in Indianapolis. OSU lost, 34-24. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Ohio State junior quarterback Braxton Miller said he is going to wait until after the Buckeyes play in the Orange Bowl against Clemson to decide whether or not he will leave early for the NFL Draft.

“I’m just focusing on getting better myself as an individual and getting the team ready and making sure I’m in the film room taking care of my business,” Miller said Wednesday.

However, OSU’s signal caller feels he is prepared to play at the next level.

“Oh, yeah. Of course, yeah. Definitely. Just like (when) I came from high school. (The) coaches (are) going to get you mentally ready for everything that you need to get ready for,” Miller said. “It’s another step in life.”

OSU coach Urban Meyer said he will wait until after the season is complete before talking with players who could leave early about their future. He would not go into detail about what kind of advice he would give his star quarterback when that time comes though.

“That’s between me and Braxton,” Meyer said Monday.

Miller, who was named the Big Ten’s offensive player of the year for the second straight season Dec. 3, threw for 1,860 yards and 22 touchdowns with just five interceptions despite missing more than two games when he went down with a sprained MCL in his left knee against San Diego State Sept. 7. He also ran for 1,033 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2013.

No. 7 OSU (12-1, 8-1) is set to play No. 12 Clemson (10-2, 7-1) in the Discover Orange Bowl Jan. 3. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:30 p.m.