Junior forward Ryan Dzingel (18) passes the puck during a game against Bowling Green Oct. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU won, 5-3. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Junior forward Ryan Dzingel (18) passes the puck during a game against Bowling Green Oct. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU won, 5-3.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

After nearly two weeks off, the Ohio State men’s hockey team welcomes Michigan State to Value City Arena for a weekend doubleheader.

The Spartans (6-9-2, 0-1-1) are coming off of a 3-0 win over in-state rivals Michigan, while the Buckeyes (10-6-0, 0-2-0) swept Mercyhurst at the end of last month.

Head coach Steve Rohlik’s team has now won seven of its last nine games, a stretch that has seen their goals per game average rise to 3.94, tied for second in the NCAA. Leading OSU’s scoring charge is junior Ryan Dzingel, whose five points in two games against Mercyhurst led to him being named the Big Ten Second Star of the Week.

Meanwhile their opponents, the Spartans, have had a much tougher time putting the puck in the back of the net, with a 2.35 goals per game average that is last in the Big Ten. Like OSU they are looking for their first conference victory of the season.

All of OSU’s opponents the rest of the season will be fellow Big Ten members, with nine of those games coming on the road. Friday night’s puck drop is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., while Saturday’s is at 7:05 p.m.