A water line break at Bill Davis Stadium during the extreme cold temperatures Jan. 6 and 7 has displaced Ohio State baseball coaches and complicated batting practice for players.

Administration and Planning spokeswoman Lindsay Komlanc said in an email the Department of Athletics has been working with university contractor BELFOR Property Restoration who “assists with restoration effects involving water damage, among other things.”

“This work is ongoing, so there is not a cost estimate at this time,” Komlanc said. “Our crews first response is always to immediately isolate and shut off the water and the next priority is repairing the space so it can return to normal use as quickly as possible.”

The leak occurred in the ceiling of the second floor of the baseball facilities, flooding the baseball coaches’ office, Komlanc said.

OSU athletics spokesman Brett Rybak said in an email the second floor holds the offices of OSU coach Greg Beals, two assistants, an office for a volunteer assistant and the director of operations and a front desk for a receptionist.

“The coaches have been working out of our video room behind our home dugout the last two weeks,” Rybak said.

Redshirt-freshman pitcher Joe Stoll said the water from the offices leaked through the ceiling and into the players’ batting cages on the first floor.

“The whole side of the building was covered in ice,” Stoll said. “Every single paper in their office was unusable.”

Rybak said there is not an estimated date for the offices to be reopened.

Stoll said dehumidifiers have been set up along the players’ batting cages to help dry up the water.

“We should have the dehumidifiers in the batting cages until our first trip on Feb. 14,” Stoll said.

Komlanc said repairs mainly involve replacement of drywall, wood trim and carpeting.

Multiple calls to BELFOR Property Restoration were not returned. Attempts to obtain photographs of the scene were denied.

The OSU baseball team is scheduled to start its season in Port Charlotte, Fla., Feb. 14 against Connecticut as part of the Snowbird Classic.