Crime Brief: Ohio State Nut House Bus driver reported for menacing

February 5, 2014

byler.18@osu.edu

A traffic control officer reported aggravated menacing at the Schottenstein Center Jan. 29 during a men’s basketball game after the “Nut House Bus” driver threatened to “cut” the traffic control officer when he asked the driver to move his bus.

The bus, which is a Campus Area Bus Service bus that takes student ticket holders from Ohio State’s campus to the Schottenstein Center for men’s basketball games, was blocking a crosswalk. The driver began arguing with the traffic control officer, gave him the middle finger using both hands and said, “I have a knife and I will cut you up,” according to a University Police report.

The driver was said to be an OSU Transportation & Traffic Management employee in the report.

An officer responded to the situation and spoke to the driver, who said he “lost his cool” and did not actually have a knife, according to the report. The traffic control officer did not press charges.

There were 22 total thefts, two of which were thefts of autos, reported on OSU’s campus this week from Jan. 29 to Wednesday.

Two men were arrested for stealing pretzels and other food from the Ohio Union food court.

A 19-year-old male student was arrested for stealing a large pretzel and two chocolate milk protein drinks, valued at a total of $9.50, Jan. 29 at about 11:30 a.m.

The next day, a 22-year-old man not affiliated with OSU was arrested for stealing a “gourmet meal,” a large pretzel and a Coca-Cola drink, valued at a total of $9.25, at about 12:30 p.m., according to a University Police report.

In other incidents, a 33-year-old man and a 42-year old woman, neither of whom were affiliated with OSU, were arrested for criminal trespass at Doan Hall, located at 410 W. 10th Ave. and part of the Wexner Medical Center, Jan. 30 at about 2 p.m.

A 22-year-old man not affiliated with OSU was arrested for possession of drugs near Woody Hayes Drive and Coffey Road Tuesday just after midnight.

Tags: , ,

1. Demonic Denizen says:

A large pretzel and a Coke: $9.25.

A large pretzel and two protein shakes: $9.50

Commuting to class without clear sidewalks, roads, or access to crosswalks, then hearing how FOD and Emergency Management did such a great job and campus was normal:

Priceless.

2. TommyS says:

That’s terrible that charges weren’t “pressed”. This guy is driving students, and outrageous, aggressive, and immature behavior is tolerated, and thus treated as more-or-less acceptable.

3. Jenn says:

This university disgusts me more and more each day. WTG OSU! I sincerely hope it costs you money and time to pursue these charges. Good job! Your efforts should be rewarded!