17 former Ohio State football players set to take part in Pro Day

March 6, 2014

seger.25@osu.edu
Redshirt-senior quarterback Kenny Guiton (13) celebrates a touchdown during a game against California Sept. 14, at California Memorial Stadium. OSU won, 52-34. Credit: Eric Seger / Sports editor

Former quarterback Kenny Guiton (13) celebrates a touchdown with former wide receiver Chris Fields (80) and former center Corey Linsley (71) during a game against California Sept. 14, at California Memorial Stadium. OSU won, 52-34.
Credit: Eric Seger / Sports editor

Ohio State is set to hold its Pro Day Friday, and a total of 17 former Buckeyes are on the docket to show their skills.

Per an OSU press release, 69 NFL scouts and team personnel are scheduled to attend the Pro Day at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center to get a look at the former Buckeyes — 16 of which were part of last season’s 12-2 squad.

The one player who wasn’t on the team last year is Etienne Sabino, a linebacker who played for OSU from 2008-12. Sabino went undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft, and last played professionally with the New York Giants where he signed April 27 as an unrestricted free agent.

According to the release, the NFL allows players to participate in pro days a year after leaving the school.

OSU’s Pro Day is likely the final chance former Buckeyes will get to make an impression on NFL teams before the 2014 NFL Draft begins May 8.

Below is list of the players scheduled to compete at Pro Day, although the events each will be participating in is unknown:

• C.J. Barnett, safety

• Drew Basil, kicker

• Corey “Philly” Brown, wide receiver

• Corey “Pitt” Brown, safety

• Christian Bryant, safety

• Chris Fields, wide receiver

• Kenny Guiton, quarterback

• Jordan Hall, running back

• Marcus Hall, offensive lineman

• Carlos Hyde, running back

• Corey Linsley, offensive lineman

• George Makradis, long snapper

• Jack Mewhort, offensive lineman

• Andrew Norwell, offensive lineman

• Bradley Roby, cornerback

• Etienne Sabino, linebacker

• Ryan Shazier, linebacker

1. Anonymous says:

Sabino?? Last year guy can come back?

2. Shona says:

Now that you have your account set up, you can start placing your ad.
    From there, you can download a copy of the template.
    Businesses who want to grow and make their products or services
    visible to users by featuring right at the top of all the other ads can choose to select the sponsored ad towards the end of posting process.