One person was reportedly injured in a campus gas leak that led to the evacuation of an Ohio State building Monday afternoon.
The incident occurred at the Schoenbaum Family Center at Weinland Park, located at 175 E. Seventh Ave.
An official from the Columbus Division of Fire said one person was injured as a result of the incident, however could not provide further information Tuesday afternoon.
OSU spokesman Gary Lewis said “staff were safely evacuated and moved to an adjacent location and continued to perform their day-to-day operations.”
Lewis said there was no damage to OSU facilities as a result of the incident, which took place at approximately 1:30 p.m.
Lewis said an investigation on the incident is being handled by the Columbus Division of Fire.
Attempts to reach representatives from Columbia Gas were unsuccessful.
The Lantern uses two-click social media buttons to protect your privacy. Click once to load the button, then again to share!