Ohio State to ‘get weird’ with ‘Workaholics,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ star Adam DeVine

March 7, 2014

seamon.17@osu.edu
Adam DeVine attends Premiere Of Columbia Pictures' 'This Is The End' held at Regency Village Theatre in Beverly Hills, Calif. on June 3. Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Adam DeVine attends premiere of Columbia Pictures’ ‘This Is The End’ held at Regency Village Theatre in Beverly Hills, Calif. on June 3.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Comedy is set to get a bit weird at Ohio State.

“Workaholics” cast member Adam DeVine is slated to speak and do standup at the Ohio Union March 20 in an OUAB-sponsored event titled “Getting Weird with Adam DeVine.”

Comedy Central’s “Workaholics” details the going-ons of three friends, played by DeVine, Blake Anderson and Anders Holm, who work as colleagues in telemarketing for the better part of the day and play as friends after hours. The show began in 2011 and is in the midst of its fourth season.

DeVine is also a writer and producer, and has played roles in “Pitch Perfect,” “Arrested Development,” “Modern Family” and “Uncle Grandpa.”

Tickets for the event are set to be released March 17 at 5 p.m. at the Ohio Union Information Desk.

The event is scheduled for 8 p.m. at the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom.

1. glen says:

Typically operating through Puppets–including puppets in the judiciary–the right wing has for decades been committing crimes and trying to classify them to cover them up, a move explicitly forbidden by the Code of Federal Regulations. The right has accomplished its political objectives by presenting a fraction of the evidence to judicial officials who, having seen the pattern dozens of times before, could not help but realize that they were being presented with incomplete and inaccurate information. With either the willfully blind approval or the willful ignorance of the judiciary the right has killed & stolen several of my pets and routinely shoot energy weaponry at me and my pets, despite my calls to the police, the FBI, Congress, and despite my petitions in court. There is really only one solution, and that’s to disempower them politically.

2. glen says:

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth, right? the Democrats’ great accomplishment is producing the political equivalent of a Rodney King video, clearly demonstrating the lies of the right, the right Hilary Clinton correctly identified as a vast conspiracy. Confirm by examining Central District of California Cases, 01-4340, 03-9097, 08-5515, 10-5193, US Tax Court 12000-07L –though I think you want to view my US Tax Court Appeal to the 9th Circuit for a good account of their day to day assaults, a few month time slice indicative of a decade of assault, and 9th Circuit case 11-56043.

3. glen says:

I defended a Tax Suit a while back by noting that the entertainment industry had stolen dozens of phrases and ideas from my copyrighted work–many poem titles and lines, and other creative expressions converted directly to film titles. The list of intellectual property violations numbers in the hundreds or thousands, including naming the following from my poems, without my consent or prior knowledge: Vantage Point (2007), Idiocracy (2006), The Aura (Spanish: El Aura) (2005), Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus, Sky High (2005 film), The Perfect Score (2004); The Score, Wake of Death (2004), Torque (2004), You Wish! (2003), (2003), Big Fish ( 2003), The Ring (2002 ), I Am Sam (2001), The Sixth Sense(1999), Beowulf (2007), Gryphon (2007), Stomp the Yard (2007), Made of Honor (2008) Felon (2008), Box Elder (2008) and Fata Morgana (2007) Avatar (2008/2009) Daybreak (2008) Vantage Point (2008). All these words and titles come from Plaintiff’s copyrighted work Tribute Anthology (2007), unmarketed, meaning the information was actually taken directly from my computer or discs.
    I’ve filed several federal suits, one of which was in litigation for a decade before the community–through extensive battery and fraud–made false accusations and created new issues to prevent a just public condemnation of the community for eviscerating my rights over the course of decades. The worst liars, and the worst of these criminals–they are actually violating criminal codes daily–are on the right. A good thing to note when you’re dealing with the manipulative self-impressed chess player sociopaths in the right wing intelligentsia, never accept the explanation they give you, always go back a step or two in time, and dig a little deeper. They’re invariably lying.