Redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby (1) lines up in coverage during a game against Penn State Oct. 26 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 63-14. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Then-redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby (1) lines up in coverage during a game against Penn State Oct. 26 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 63-14.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

A former Ohio State football player has been charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence.

Former OSU cornerback Bradley Roby was charged with OVI April 20. His arraignment was scheduled to begin Friday, according to the Clerk of Court online case report.

Roby tweeted his frustration with the matter Friday morning.

“I was not driving . I did not get arrested . Was not in a cell . No finger prints . No mugshot,” Roby tweeted from his personal Twitter account, @BradRoby_1.

Roby’s agent Michael Perrett issued a statement to Eleven Warriors Thursday about the incident.

“This past weekend my client Bradley Roby was issued a citation in Columbus, Ohio, for operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI),” Perrett said. “Bradley was sitting in his parked car in a parking lot when he was approached and questioned by an officer. He was fully cooperative and willingly submitted to field sobriety and Breathalyzer tests. His BAC test registered a negligible .008 and after further testing at the police station, he was very quickly released on his own recognizance.

“There are no other charges, and we are confident that this matter will be resolved quickly and favorably for Bradley. However, as the matter is still pending, we cannot comment further at this time.”

Perrett and Roby did not immediately respond to emails requesting comment Friday.

Roby was previously suspended the first game of the 2013 season after an incident at a bar in Bloomington, Ind., in July. The charges in the case were later dropped.

Roby, who redshirted the 2010 season, totaled eight interceptions and 179 total tackles in his time as a Buckeye.

Roby is scheduled to be one of 30 prospects at the NFL Draft in New York May 8.