Redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby (1) lines up in coverage during a game against Penn State Oct. 26 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 63-14. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Then-redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby (1) lines up in coverage during a game against Penn State Oct. 26 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 63-14.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Former Ohio State football player Bradley Roby pleaded guilty to having “physical control” of a vehicle while impaired, reduced from a charge of operating a vehicle under the influence, Tuesday.

According to the Franklin County court report, Roby was fined $375 in addition to court fees.

Roby was also sentenced to 180 days in jail, a sentence that was suspended on the condition that Roby participate in a three-day driver intervention program. He was given 30 days of probation as well.

The former OSU cornerback was charged with OVI April 20.

Roby’s agent Michael Perrett issued the following statement to The Lantern following Roby’s plea deal Tuesday.

“Though my client, Bradley Roby, maintains his innocence and feels he would have been completely exonerated had he taken this matter to trial, Bradley has accepted the prosecutor’s offer of a reduced charge to ‘physical control’ to bring closure and finality to this situation ahead of next week’s NFL draft,” Perrett said in an email.

“A ‘physical control’ citation is a non-moving violation that will not result in any points being added to his driving record and there will be no license suspension. Bradley is scheduled to complete a three-day alcohol educational class this week which will effectively terminate the case. This plea was accepted by the judge and entered into the record today … Bradley is very focused and is excited about starting his NFL career.”

Roby, who was a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, voiced his frustration with the matter last week.

“I was not driving . I did not get arrested . Was not in a cell . No finger prints . No mugshot,” Roby tweeted April 25 from his personal account, @BradRoby_1.

Roby did not immediately respond an email requesting comment Tuesday.

He was suspended the first game of the 2013 season after an incident at a bar in Bloomington, Ind., in July. The charges in that case were later dropped.

Roby, who redshirted the 2010 season, recorded eight interceptions and 179 total tackles in his time at OSU and was named an All-American by ESPN in 2012. He is one of 30 NFL prospects scheduled to attend the NFL Draft in New York May 8.