Report: Former Alabama offensive lineman Chad Lindsay to transfer to Ohio State

April 22, 2014

seger.25@osu.edu

Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer said he was not pleased with where his offensive line sat following spring practice. However, he appears to have taken a step in further bolstering that unit for his team.

Alabama redshirt-junior transfer Chad Lindsay is set to sign with the Buckeyes, according to a report from CBS National college football writer Jeremy Fowler Tuesday.

Lindsay, who is listed as 6-foot-2-inches tall and 302 pounds on Alabama’s official roster, is available to suit up right away for the Buckeyes as he has already graduated from Alabama.

Lindsay participated in eight games last season for the Crimson Tide, starting four.

An OSU spokesman told The Lantern in an email Tuesday afternoon that he could not confirm the report of Lindsay’s transfer.

Lindsay should compete for playing time right away on an offensive line who lost four starters — Jack Mewhort, Corey Linsley, Andrew Norwell and Marcus Hall — from a 12-2 team last year.

At the OSU Spring Game April 12, Meyer listed redshirt-sophomore Pat Elflein and junior Taylor Decker as the lone players who earned starting positions on the offensive line after spring practice.

1. Anonymous says:

Great for Bucks getting Lindsay and beating out OK, ichigan, etc. Lindsay replaced Ala OL Kelly when he got hurt. Kelly is from Ohio and Ohio has other players including OLs playing for Ala. Hopefully, Meyer is aware of that and is undertaking efforts to keep talented Ohio players to stay home.