Pablo Picasso's 1932 painting 'Nu au fauteuil noir,' which is part of Les and Abigail Wexner's art collection set to be on display in the Wexner Center for the Art's fall exhibition. Credit: Pablo Picasso, 'Nu au fauteuil noir,' 1932 Oil on canvas 63 1/2 x 51 in. 161.3 x 129.5 cm © 2014 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York

Pablo Picasso’s 1932 painting ‘Nu au fauteuil noir,’ which is part of Les and Abigail Wexner’s art collection set to be on display in the Wexner Center for the Art’s fall exhibition.
Credit: Pablo Picasso, ‘Nu au fauteuil noir,’ 1932
Oil on canvas
63 1/2 x 51 in.
161.3 x 129.5 cm
© 2014 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York

As it approaches its 25th anniversary, the Wexner Center for the Arts is set to feature a variety of works this fall, as well as give visitors a peek into the personal gallery of Les Wexner and his wife, Abigail.

Beginning Sept. 21 and running through Dec. 31, the Wexner Center is set to celebrate its 25th anniversary with “Transfigurations: Modern Masters from the Wexner Family Collection,” displaying works from the art collection of the businessman and Ohio State alumnus.

Pieces to be on view include original masterworks of artists Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti and Jean Dubuffet, who are known virtuosos in their respective art movements, including cubism, expressionism, surrealism and modernism.

The exhibit is guest curated by Robert Storr, a professor and dean of the Yale University School of Art and former senior curator of painting and sculpture at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The exhibit is set to be complemented by lectures and symposia featuring art historians, critics and cultural commentators and contemporary artists.

“A collection of this caliber and magnitude requires rare discipline, passion and discernment,” Storr said in a press release. “Those who take the opportunity to view and absorb this exhibition will count themselves incredibly lucky to have looked over the shoulder of such avid collectors.”

The Wexner Center’s fall season will also include a variety of other exhibitions, as well as performances and films.

Artist Ann Hamilton and theater director Anne Bogart, who were recipients of the Wexner Center Artist Residency Award, are set to present a joint performance/installation work titled “The Light House,” which uses Virginia Woolf’s “To the Lighthouse” as source material.

Another collaboration is slated to come to the center October 11, when Laurie Anderson and the Kronos Quartet’s work “Landfall” will be presented. The work will tell “stories of what is lost and what is found through words and music,” according to a Tuesday press release.

The fall’s performances will include an interactive performance called “New Society,” a piece by Wexner former residency artist Miranda July, on Nov. 20.

British South Asian dancer Aakash Odedra is set to perform a solo program October 23-26. The work is titled “Rising” and features choreography from Akram Khan, Sidi Larbi Cherkeaoui and Russell Maliphant.

David Greig’s play “The Events” is also scheduled to be performed beginning Oct. 1, and will feature Columbus’ community choir The Harmony Project.

The center’s film screenings are set to include retrospectives on the work of filmmakers Terry Zwigoff and Richard Linklater, whose new film “Boyhood” will receive its Ohio premiere.

The fall is also slated to include a survey of Polish Cinema compiled by Martin Scorsese and a screening of the Buster Keaton film “The General,” with a live score by Alloy Orchestra.

The full fall lineup was announced Tuesday, following the April 10 announcement of the “Transfigurations” exhibit.

Editor’s note: This story was updated May 27 at 8:30 p.m.