When officials responded to an activated fire alarm, they found an evacuated building and a hallway full of smoke.

Officers and firefighters arrived at Scott Laboratory on Saturday afternoon and a student told them he had been working on a project involving a vehicle engine. The engine had sparked and ignited nearby plywood, according to a University Police report.

The Columbus Fire Department determined that the damage was contained to the charred plywood, according to the report.

A 22-year-old man was arrested for driving while under the influence and possessing drug paraphernalia on College Road and 18th Avenue Friday at about 1 a.m. He was suspected to be under the influence of drugs.

An officer cited him for failing to stop at a stop sign and maintain control of his vehicle. The officer also recovered a glass pipe and a metal grinder, both with marijuana residue, and a wooden box with a syringe and needle, according to a police report. The officer also recovered a credit card that didn’t have the man’s name on it.

A woman reported assault at the Wexner Medical Center on June 4 at about 11:30 p.m. An officer arrived and the woman said she had called someone from her neighborhood to take her and her small child home from the hospital, and left before she finished her treatment.

The second woman arrived to pick the first woman up, and was angry that she had to wait. The second woman punched the first woman in the face once and left the scene with a car.

The first woman said she “didn’t really feel it,” according to the report, and the officer took her back to the hospital to finish treatment and arrange for a different ride home.

A man not affiliated with the university was seen urinating on the side of a vehicle at one of the Ohio Union parking garages Sunday at about 6:30.

He apologized and left without incident, according to a report.

There were 16 reports of theft and four reports of criminal damaging between June 3 and Tuesday.