Former Ohio State assistant men's golf coach Ryan Potter (left) talks with a player during the second round of the NCAA Men's Golf Central Regional at the University of Michigan Golf Course in Ann Arbor, Mich., May 18th. Credit: Courtesy of OSU Athletics

Former Ohio State assistant men’s golf coach Ryan Potter (left) talks with then-redshirt senior Logan Jones during the second round of the NCAA Men’s Golf Central Regional at the University of Michigan Golf Course in Ann Arbor, Mich., May 18th.
Credit: Courtesy of OSU Athletics

Ohio State assistant men’s golf coach Ryan Potter has resigned after four seasons.

Potter resigned to “pursue other professional opportunities” in intercollegiate athletics, an OSU press release said. He joined OSU’s staff in 2010 after spending two years at University of Mississippi as an assistant coach.

“I want to thank (coach Donnie Darr) for the opportunity he gave me four years ago,” Potter said in a released statement. “I have learned so much at Ohio State and I truly enjoyed working together to help our student-athletes both on and off the golf course.”

Potter earned a base salary of $44,587 in 2013.

Darr said in a released statement he was grateful for Potter’s time with the Buckeyes.

“He had a big impact on our program and our players. He has a tireless work ethic and is passionate about coaching. I wish him the very best as he moves forward in his coaching career,” Darr said.

While at OSU, Potter helped the program qualify for three NCAA Regional appearances and earn a sixth-place finish in the 54-hole stroke play portion of the 2010-11 NCAA Championship. OSU men’s golf also garnered the 2013-14 NCAA Public Recognition Award.

According to the release, OSU will begin a national search for a new assistant coach immediately.