Ohio State hires Title IX, Clery Act coordinator

July 22, 2014

Hickman.201@osu.edu
Kellie Brennan Credit: Courtesy of OSU

Kellie Brennan
Credit: Courtesy of OSU

Ohio State has a new Title IX and Clery Act coordinator.

Kellie Brennan, formerly of Columbus State Community College, will be taking on the role, according to an OSU release. She is set to replace Andrea Goldblum, who was named to the position in April 2013.

OSU spokesman Gary Lewis was not able to immediately provide details regarding when and why Goldblum is no longer in the position, what Goldblum’s salary was and what Brennan’s salary is set to be.

In her new role, Brennan will monitor OSU’s efforts to curb and support victims of sexual harassment and sexual violence, in addition to overseeing OSU’s compliance with the Clery Act.

The Clery Act requires colleges and universities to disclose information about crime on and around campus spaces and was designed to make college campus crime information readily available.

Before coming to OSU, Brennan was the director of student conduct at Columbus State.

“I am thrilled to join the Ohio State University,” Brennan said in a released statement.  “Awareness and prevention of gender discrimination in all forms is the goal of Title IX, including equity in athletics, educational opportunities, and in the workplace.”

Title IX is a section of the Education Amendments of 1972 that aims to protect against discrimination based on sex in education programs that receive federal funding.

In May, the U.S. Department of Education released a list of 55 colleges and universities being investigated for their handlings of sexual abuse complaints under Title IX. OSU was one of the schools named, though at the time Lewis said “no major concerns” had been identified and the review was winding down.

1. Drakefan says:

How is this not noticed? Reading between the lines….the former coordinator wasn’t up to the task. Shortly after this hire, the band story breaks. I’m quickly becoming a huge Dr. Drake fan.

2. Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thanks, However I am encountering troubles with your RSS.
    I don’t know why I can’t join it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS problems?

Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!