OSU football player Tracy Sprinkle dismissed from team

July 7, 2014

grega.9@buckeyemail.osu.edu

Tracy Sprinkle is no longer a member of the Ohio State football team, an OSU spokesman confirmed to The Lantern Monday afternoon.

Sprinkle was arrested in Lorain County early Saturday morning and charged with rioting, failure to disperse, possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia following a bar fight. According to the spokesman, Sprinkle’s status with the team will be re-evaluated at the end of the legal process.

Sprinkle, who was set to be a defensive lineman for the Buckeyes, plead not guilty to all charges Monday morning, according to multiple reports.

Sprinkle, who had yet to see the field in his time in Columbus, was a 2012 Associated Press first team All-Ohio selection out of Elyria High School. He enrolled early at OSU, joining the team in January of 2013.

During his senior year of high school, Sprinkle recorded 103 tackles, including 19 sacks and 30 total tackles for loss. He was also the first defensive player since former OSU linebacker Matt Wilhelm to win the Lorain County Golden Helmet award, which goes to the best player in the county. Wilhelm won the award in 1999.

1. Mike Harny says:

Elephant in the room: he was also forced out of the closet.